At this time, Mass has resumed, all parish programs remain suspended.
The Mass Protocols are as follows:
- Observe a social distance of 6 feet at all times.
- All members of the congregation need to wear masks, with a few exceptions: children under the age of 2 should not wear masks; children between the ages of 2 and 5 will be under parent’s discretion whether they should wear a mask; the priest and the musicians do not need to wear masks.
- Offertory baskets will be available at each foyer door and at the parish hall door – or donate electronically.
- Don’t sing. Only the musicians will sing.
- Don’t hold hands during the “Our father” prayer.
- Don’t offer the sign of peace.
- Parishioners not coming forward to receive holy communion or a blessing should still leave their pews so that no one will have to climb over them.
- There will be tape on the floor to show where to stand as people approach to receive communion. There are also arrows showing how to return to the pews.
- Wear your mask to Communion. The proper way to receive Communion is to approach the Minister or Priest with your mask on, receive Communion in your hand, step to the side, hold the Host in one hand while you raise or lower your mask with the other hand, consume the Host, and then reapply mask.
- Don’t receive the Eucharist on the tongue.
- There will be row by row exiting. the pews closest to the doors should leave first.
- There will be no social gatherings either before or after mass.
- Please leave immediately after mass to allow time for cleaning the church, hall, and chapel for the next mass.