Thank you for considering giving to St. Joseph Parish. Below is a description of options for donation. Our preferred method of donation is ParishSOFT Giving also known as Online Giving or Electronic Giving.
If you are using our previous giving system, My Own Giving, you can still access My Own Giving by clicking the green button here.
We hope to transition everyone to ParishSoft Giving by this fall.
ParishSOFT Giving is the preferred method of donation because
- You can use credit/debit cards or your bank account.
- You can make changes (start, stop, change) to your contributions at any time, see reports on your contribution history and generate tax statements at year end.
- You have the opportunity to make gifts to special collections in addition to regular, recurring offerings.
- Parishioners have asked how they can regularly give to St Vincent de Paul. ParishSoft Giving has an option to do that.
- Parishioners have asked how they can give to St. Joseph School. In ParishSoft Giving, you will find two funds for St. Joseph School one entitled “St. Joseph School” for unrestricted giving, the other “St. Joseph School Tuition Assistance” expressly for that purpose.
- ParishSoft Giving helps the parish streamline cash flow, especially during bad weather or vacation times, and helps us improve our operational efficiency in posting contributions to your giving history in the parish database.
If you are interested in signing up for ParishSOFT Giving but need help setting it up or managing it, we would be happy to help you. Contact Maureen Miller, the parish accountant, for further information. You can also download the document for managed givers at the bottom of this page.
Offertory Envelopes allow you to put cash or a check in the offertory collection basket. Because the envelope has your name, address and envelope number on it, we can track your offertory and provide you with an end of year tax statement. The downside of envelopes is that they require manual effort to count and input the offertory. Also, our receipt of envelopes is affected by events. Vacations, a bad storm, or something like the Superbowl can cause church attendance to fluctuate and thus effect the offertory amount. You can request envelopes by contacting the rectory.